Sipping wine all weekend long sounds like a perfect weekend away, don't you think?
If you love great wine then you cannot beat the Hunter Valley – the perfect location for a girl’s weekend away, a magical birthday experience or a romantic trip for two.
The Hunter is one of the smallest wine growing areas in the country, but they make up for it with the exquisite quality of their wine and produce. The area boasts over 150 wineries and cellar doors, alongside an array of restaurants which feature the highest quality locally grown produce.
We've been and trialled the best, from the famous to the hidden gems, and we can help you put together a perfect itinerary plus some special money-can't-buy experiences. It's all about turning your experience into an unforgettable memory. Let us take the stress away from the planning so you can enjoy your ultimate adventure. We'll arrange a private driver, a mouth-watering lunch overlooking the valley, beautiful wine tastings and special behind the scenes tours.
Now, we can't give away all our secrets but here are a few tips to making the most of your Hunter Valley experience:
- Arrange a private driver (you won't be sorry once everyone has had a few drinks!)
- Have the right mix of wineries - include some of the big names, but make sure you visit the quaint, smaller boutique wineries too.
- Ask questions and talk to as many people as you can – from the wine makers and tasting staff, to your driver. It's such a pleasure to hear about the wine-making process, the different types of wines and the people behind the magic. Who knows, you might even become the next wine connoisseur!
- If you see a great photo opportunity make sure you STOP! Memories are fantastic, but photos last forever.
- Don't rush. The worst thing you can do it cram in as many wineries as possible. For the perfect day trip, we recommend going to four wineries and stopping for a beautiful hour-long lunch.